Saturday, December 14, 2013

“You’re carrying a half European Werewolf inside you, a creature with teeth and claws.”


  (Small Fry Chapter 2)

“Aunt B,” our First greeted.

“Caesar,” I said perfunctory.

“I understand that yesterday you and Declan received some news which will affect your family.”  He began.

“Yes.” I shot off a glare to Ki.

However, he didn’t look remotely guilty for sharing my condition with the rest of the pack.

“I would ask that you consent to another scan by Ki this morning, and perhaps an examination.” Caesar said seriously. 

“Excuse me?”

“We need to take some readings of the cells that are growing inside you.”  Ki stated.

“Say what?” My mouth fell open in surprise.  “Why?”

“We need to ascertain how much the baby may resemble either you or Uncle Declan.”  Our Medicine Man elaborated.

“But why?”  I asked, taken aback.

“You know why, B.”  My mate said softly.

My overprotective Lokoti Werewolf instincts roared inside me first then outside second.

“Is that some kind of slur on Declan?”  I raised my voice.  “Are you worried about more European Werewolves being created?  I don’t care if I create an army of his breed, male or female!  I love my husband and I’m sick of the hypocrisy - ”

Then I was interrupted by a loud growl emitted by our First.

“Right now Aunt B THAT is the least of our worries!  We have to make sure that your body is even able to carry just one European Werewolf child.” 

“Oh please!” I rolled my eyes.  “Declan’s already been through all of this!  He tried to scare me yesterday, with a series of worst case scenarios and you know what I told him?  That he’s barking up the wrong tree!  This baby is also HALF Lokoti Werewolf!”

“But Lokoti Werewolves are born human, Aunt B.”  Tyson said gravely.  “This child will be born a Werewolf.  You’re carrying a half European Werewolf inside you, a creature with teeth and claws.” 

“Er, newsflash for you Tyson; DECLAN’S ALREADY BEEN THROUGH THIS!” I growled out between gritted teeth.

“Aunt B please,” Forrest said awkwardly, “we’re concerned for your safety.”

“Of course you are!”  I sung sarcastically.  “Just like you’d be concerned for Tyson here, if he were knocked up by a European Werewolf too!”

“Yeah, but I’m stronger than you, being a male Lokoti Werewolf.”  He tried not to laugh.

Caesar spoke in a low voice, “Bianca Grace Wisetail Elm Sabre, when your grandfather Emanuel Riverclaw chose my great, great grandfather Chiron Riverclaw, to be First upon his leave?  He made Chiron swear to keep a close eye on you.  When your Circulator mother took your Lokoti Werewolf father Hunter Wisetail, to the space time continuum with her?  He made Chiron swear again, to look after his only child; the tribe’s first female Lokoti Werewolf who’s also the world’s last Circulator.  Before Chiron left this life for the next, he passed the oath onto me.”

“Right that’s it!”  I hopped off the bench, to stand on my own two feet. 

            “Oh oh,” Declan muttered, as he watched warily.

 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: